Friday, June 17, 2005

Fall 2005

What? Fall? Already? Here's the thing.

I haven't been getting overly excited about new movies lately. Sure, Batman Begins looks good, but it comes with its own limitations. (I'm a huge geek for comics, and I'll be the first to admit it. Look for lots of origin synopsis and a villain that craftily imperils Gotham City, ooo... Yes, of course I'll be there.) The only other summer movie that pops to mind in the must see category is The 40 Year-Old Virgin, because nothing Judd Apatow does could be bad. Plus Steve Carell, Catherine Keener, and Paul Rudd. I'm there too.

Still, nothing I expect to be overwhelmed by, nothing that would make me overly sad if I missed it in theaters, except...

Wow, does this look good. Go now and soak in the biggest trailer bandwidth allows, preferably 2 or 3 times. Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean made a movie. That means Dave McKean's art moves now.

Sweet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam807 said...

And it's got Muppets. Who doesn't love Muppets?

6/22/2005 8:30 PM  
Blogger blerg3000 said...

Well, not Kermit or Fozzie or Miss Piggy or even Pepe...

I'm not sure Dave McKean's digitized creations can be lumped in with the Muppets... but if it's keeping you psyched, run with it.

6/22/2005 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home