Sunday, June 12, 2005

LRPP-I Complete, or: The Eagle Has Taken a Long Standardized Test

It's good to have that finished.

Now I'm trying to reassert normality and get back to things I like doing -- spending time with the wife, playing clarinet, talking to friends, reading novels, (um, blogging?), etc. -- as well as things that have to get done now, mainly moving into a new apartment.

And while readjusting I find myself with a question: Where did all of that time come from?

I'll admit I lost my mind a bit, but I found a surprising amount of time to study. And it's not that I want to jettison my sanity again (or that the wife would let me), but I would like to hang on to some of that time and repurpose it in a way that continues to be edifying.

Because as much effort and insanity as test prep was, I liked it. It's a fun skill set to work at, plus I enjoyed the challenge of it, trying to fine tune thought processes and always working to think more rigorously, more quickly. Hopefully I can keep something along those lines going. For one thing it's a hell of a lot more interesting / challenging / rewarding than work.

Of course all of this assumes that I did well enough to not retake the long standardized test. I won't know for another 3 weeks or so. Here's hoping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home