Tuesday, July 19, 2005

2 Snapshots

From the drive up to Wisconsin, where the wife and I spent a delightful weekend with family, blissfully out of cell phone coverage...

1.

(Passing a pickup truck)

TW: "Hey, G-d's pro-life. Isn't that great?"
Me: "Where's that?"
TW: "Bumper sticker on that truck."
Me: "If G-d's pro-life, why did He invent death?"


2.

(Passing a sign that read "Gusty Winds on Bridge")

TW: "Hey, this bridge has gusty winds. 'Gusty Winds' sounds like it wants to be a stripper name but isn't."
Me: "That's... so... right..."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel it's important that I clarify that, if I *did* say, "Isn't that great?" (which I suspect I did not), it would have been said in a tone of sarcasm just barely veiling seething outrage.

7/19/2005 12:23 PM  
Blogger blerg3000 said...

I figured the 5 people who read this all know you well enough to realize. And you did say, "Isn't that great," and it didn't veil anything. I'd call it sarcastic underscoring.

7/28/2005 10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can make it 6 people who read this from time-to-time now. :)

She lets you call her "The Wife"?! I have completely underestimated your powers and abilities!

-Moth

8/05/2005 9:35 AM  
Blogger blerg3000 said...

Well, she lets me call her the wife in the blog. It's all about choosing your battle locales.

8/05/2005 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home