Friday, July 15, 2005

Fall 2005, again, or: I'm sorry, Terry.

When I mentioned earlier the paltry amount of summer movies I was looking forward to, I forgot to mention a few. At least two, though I stand by what I said about diminished expectations.

But the possibility that Tim Burton will be back in form for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is enough to put me in a theater. (Plus the wife is completely obsessed with it already.)

The same sufficiency works for Terry Gilliam getting to make any movie at all, in this case The Brothers Grimm -- especially after seeing Lost in La Mancha. Usually Monty Python members make me laugh, but that was just painful. The whole time I kept hoping that somebody would give Mr. Gilliam a hot chocolate and a nice sofa for a little time out. Sure he'd probably prefer tea, but in my mind he needed cocoa.


Of course this time that's all preamble to mention a Mirrormask teaser scene available here. At this point I can't say how much I'm looking forward to seeing it on a big screen instead of these tiny browser windows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home