Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Family Snapshot

Traveling recently, including time spent with my parents (separately, of course) in Massachusetts. Here's one new memory I am compelled to share. At the time I was mostly thinking, what the hell am I supposed to say to that?

Dad: "When you look 10 years younger, you have to beat 'em off with a stick. ...Sometimes I think I'm going to get old alone. I can't find anybody I connect with."
Me: "Have you tried finding people online?"
Dad: "That's where I meet them."
Me: "What site do you use?"
Dad: "Jdate. I used to use Match."
Me: "Have you tried eHarmony?"
Dad: "How expensive is that?"
Me: "Stick with Jdate."

Okay, so I didn't say that last thing, but it was my very first thought. Seriously, though, what was I supposed to say at any point during that?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There isn't really anything you can say....

6/27/2006 7:11 PM  
Blogger blerg3000 said...

The question was more rhetorical than not, but this is pretty cool. I feel like I stumped the Moth.

6/30/2006 12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was more the use of the word "Seriously", that always throws me. :)

On the not seriously side there is always:

"Have you tried stalking?"

7/02/2006 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home