Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Found Talking

Overheard the following exchange a while ago:

Cashier: "Okay, Mr. Green, I'll do it your way."
Mr. Green: "It's not my way; it's the Walgreens way."
Cashier: "Okay, Mr. Green, I'll do it the Walgreens way."
...
Cashier: (forced laughter)


I don't know what she was doing, but my guess is the Walgreens way is really, really, really slow...ly. Or that's the Walgreens way I've always experienced, consistent over at least three states thus far.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"At Walgreens, we deliver an ever-more diverse product, coming and going farther distances, in shorter time frames, in greater volume, to an ever-growing number of stores," Stedman pointed out.

But as Stedman has proven, challenges get met, no matter how great. A former president and CEO, Dan Jorndt, was quoted as saying: "We believe in crawl, walk, run. Crawl, figure out what's going on; once you get it figured out, start walking; and once you get that right, you go like hell!"

"That pretty much sums up the Walgreens' Way," concluded Stedman."

http://www.nptc.org/news/0504_fleet.html

2/07/2007 4:20 AM  
Blogger blerg3000 said...

That's just... awesome. Sadly, I believe they're still at crawl.

2/10/2007 12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Immensely sage advice, I can only imagine how the employees benefit from this once they learn this secret. :)

2/10/2007 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home