Thursday, July 27, 2006

Pulling the Metaphorical Trigger

I quit today. Or at least I gave a whoppingly polite amount of notice. It was... delightful. And a relief, and strange, and rather nerve-wracking beforehand. The nerve-wracking bit was unnecessary; several people have been quite nice about it already.

Things aren't completely finalized with what's happening next yet, so I'm taking a leap of faith that it will all work itself out, one way or another. It has to, and I had to. It's out of character for me, but I'm glad all the same. Glad to be honest, to be upfront, to be legitimately able to stop caring and start passing things off.

There was a nice bit of corporomancy (defined here but re-coined here) today too: The first thing I noticed when I got to my desk was that somebody had run off with my chair. It's not a different or better chair, it's your usual, standard issue office chair -- it swivels, it tilts. Except this morning it wasn't there. It was the first time that's happened in almost 2 1/2 years at this office.

As corporomantic omens go, it was a pretty obvious one, in a guess-this-is-really-happening-today vein.

8 Comments:

Blogger mcm said...

HOORAY! The wife is *very* excited for you!!!

7/27/2006 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on taking the plunge! I moved to NC without a position and it all worked out in the end. I am sure things will be okay.

And if not, you will just have to live off your sugarmomma wife. :)

7/31/2006 5:30 AM  
Blogger blerg3000 said...

Hmm... Not to be all "I've got a secret," about things, but there's more here that needs to be said. I guess I haven't fully blogmitted my post-employment plans.

7/31/2006 4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I guess I haven't fully blogmitted my post-employment plans."

That's okay, I can understand not wanting to post that you are quitting to deal crack full time.

8/01/2006 4:36 AM  
Blogger blerg3000 said...

Hey, that's crack cocaine, man. Sounds classier that way.

Not quite, no. But for a hint: It might be looked upon with about the same societal distaste. Now I'll probably keep you waiting another week, sorry.

8/01/2006 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same societal distaste.....

You are going to work for the Republican National Party?

8/01/2006 6:09 PM  
Blogger blerg3000 said...

Warmer...

Is it bad that this is kind of a fun game for me?

8/02/2006 8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is not a bad thing at all, I enjoy the guessing.

If I had to take a complete shot in the dark I would have to guess that you are going to be working in some way connected to politics, probably with some sort of lobbying group. Am I any closer?

8/02/2006 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home